HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

ENOUGH NOISE ALREADY~!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: ENOUGH NOISE ALREADY~!   Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:14 pm

Can we keep this channel clear of "did we ever hear back" and "what's the status of this" posts please, vw67sqback? This needs to be a quick response thread. People posting here may have incoming attacks, be in desperate need of reins, or worse. Muddying the waters by bumping a bunch of posts for simple status updates makes this more difficult.

I agree following up (or posting the results of followups) is an important part of maintaining alliance communications. Maybe we could set up a separate forum for that?

Cheers,
-jemmons
Back to top Go down
Sunshine of the Morning

PostSubject: Re: ENOUGH NOISE ALREADY~!   Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:20 pm

I have asked vw67sqback to look into every last post on this Report Forum and make sure everyone is being cared for.

That is a very hard job, so perhaps we should all try to help vw67sqback by answering his questions. He needs to have -updated reports- and for now posting in the thread (and IGM's) are the best way to get them.

Keep up the fine work vw67sqback! We are fortunate to have you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: ENOUGH NOISE ALREADY~!   Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:14 pm

Again, I think it's a good thing to follow up on all these old threads. It must be tough, I applaud vw67sqback for agreeing to do it, and I'm happy to help out however I can.

I just don't think this is the best place for it. What if, in the middle of the 15 posts that have been bumped because of vw's inquiries, there had been a post of someone needing advice on how to handle an immanent attack or in need of reins. It'd have been buried and might not have received the attention it deserves.

Isn't it possible for us to set up another section for vw to do his work? Maybe it's not, in which case I apologize to all involved. But if it is, it seems like there would be many benefits to doing so.

Thanks for hearing me out,
-jemmons
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ENOUGH NOISE ALREADY~!   Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:05 am

Jemmons, first of all, don't you think this would be a better concern expressed through PM or even IGM's, instead of trying to chastize first me and then the leadership that asked me to do this in fornt of the whole alliance? I only bring it up in front of the whole alliance because I want to express, if anyone at all has a problem with the way we are doing things, please, send me a message directly and we'll see what is the best solution, or explain why we've done things the way we have. Because, now we've done exactly what you were saying you wanted to avoid. We've taken up valuable space on this thread to discuss how things should be done in the forum, as opposed to addressing the specific problems at hand in the alliance. Also, all of my posts are directly related to what each individual thread was about. Nothing was being passed over briefly, which sounds like exactly what you were worried about. All new posts should be read by all members anyway. Right? So, read the responses, if you have solutions, post up as well. If you don't, at least now you know where everything lies with our great federation, and so does everyone else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ENOUGH NOISE ALREADY~!   Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:19 pm

I love the new structure of the war room! Better than I could have imagined. I think this will go a long way towards improving the clarity of communication and reaction time of our alliance!

vw67sqback: I don't think this would have been better expressed via PM or IGM for exactly the reasons you list -- namely everyone needed to be able to read and post solutions if they had them or, if not, to know what the situation was and why it might not be ideal to post non-imminent-attack-related information in the middle of the old reports thread.

On the other hand, if my concern came across as a chastisement, the I offer the fullest possible apology. I tried to make it clear in my original post that I agreed with you and thought following up on these posts was of great importance. If anyone read that as an indictment, let me further stipulate that I have nothing but respect for VW and believe his efforts will have the direct effect of making us a safer and more profitable alliance.

Cheers,
-jemmons
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ENOUGH NOISE ALREADY~!   Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:27 pm

i know it is completly full
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ENOUGH NOISE ALREADY~!   

Back to top Go down

ENOUGH NOISE ALREADY~!
Page 1 of 1