HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Mazark is being pounded.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Mazark is being pounded.   Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:30 pm

Mazark is being consistently raided by a member close by to me (Amarita, capital (-9|-85) )
He can't build up troops or resources because he is constantly being kept down.....right now he's just storing them in my 15 cropper. We need to send reinforcements to his village asap to show that people can't just mess with us. As soon as I finish making my phalanxes, all 350 of them will be headed there. I hope they won't be alone.

(P.S.: Don't forget to send some crop!)

Some of the battle reports:
http://travilog.org.ua/en/9320991/e35b62b7052005b1d807afde9b5c97eb
http://travilog.org.ua/en/2038457/0b5a853f4eaf0fb7c2078fe216db1548

Remember; although it is a LOT of TT's we're dealing with (for this early), remember that as long as we all send as many troops as we can spare, they'll be wiped out in no time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazark is being pounded.   Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:23 pm

Part of the problem here is that he's being farmed. In the past day alone he's given up resources to different people three times. If he can't stop bleeding resources, I don't know that any reins we send are going to do much to dissuade attackers. IMHO, things have to happen in this order:

1) Cranny up, spend/trade like crazy, do what you have to do to stop giving up resources.
2) Wait a few days for most of the people farming you to get bored.
3) THEN import some reins to turn away the stragglers who are still attacking (and not getting anything for their troubles).

It's hard to turn away someone who's getting resources out of you. They think it might be worth the investment in troops to secure a proven farm.

Cheers,
-jemmons
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazark is being pounded.   Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:02 pm

ya
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazark is being pounded.   Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:43 am

I've been doing my best to spend my resources to keep a loss at a minimum, but at this point I have to wait for some 6000 resources to upgrade any of my fields, and in that amount of time, it's easy for them to send a couple of attacks each...I've been trying to build up troops and reinforce them somewhere else, but it takes a lot of time, and if I'm not on constantly, I'll come back in the evening and find all my fresh troops already wiped out Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazark is being pounded.   Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:06 am

you can build defensive troops or crannies, but you have to stop the attacks one way r another.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazark is being pounded.   Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:04 am

just send your troops some were else and your recouces or use up your recources
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazark is being pounded.   Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:14 am

Mazarkus wrote:
I've been doing my best to spend my resources to keep a loss at a minimum, but at this point I have to wait for some 6000 resources to upgrade any of my fields

Again, this is just my style (there are probably many more out there), but I'm being farmed, my priorities shift. The first thing I worry about is never having more resources than cranny space. The last thing I worry about is upgrading production because more production is only going to provide more resources to those farming me.

So, first thing's first: cranny up. Do you have 4 level 10 crannies? If not, I'd start there. I think it's pretty standard for villages to have at least that many starting out. Four maxed-out crannies will hold 4000 units for you. Now, sadly, one of the guys attacking you is a Teuton, which means he can skim the top 1/3 off your crannies anyway. So you want to never have more than 2666 of any resources or they can get raided.

You can also "hide" resources by selling them for huge prices at your market place. For each merchant you have, you can sell 1000 units of something for a price of 2000 units of something else. This will almost never sell, so that merchant just stands around holding all those resources. When you need them back to build something, just cancel the sale (by clicking on the red X next to it). Those resources are now added back to your reserves. Build with them right away or they'll get raided!

There are a few other ways to keep resources down. The obvious one is to spend spend spend! Build a market place! Upgrade it! Start building up academies, stables, and such. Build troops (you obviously don't want to keep them around, though. Send them to reinforce a friendly player as soon as you can). Keep in mind, though, that almost everything you build/upgrade has a recurring cost in crop. At a certain point, it's not worth building any more because it will cut too deeply into your crop production (I usually stop when crops hit 1/2 of my other production).

At that point, it's time to start sending resources to other players just to get rid of them. Start by sending enough crops to feed any soldiers you've sent to those you're reinforcing. Then see if you can work out a deal with someone to hold resources for you or maybe use them to build troops they'll eventually send to reinforce you. Finally, if all else fails, just send resources to whoever has the lowest pop in your alliance -- at least they'll be able to use them Smile

Try to keep this up for at least a week. I know it'd grueling, but it's the best way. After a week of not getting anything from you, many of those raiding you will loose interest and stop all together. And those that are still raiding you will have very little investment in keeping you as a farm. You might want to mail the raiders at this point and say "Hey. As you might have notices, I crannied up and you're not getting resources from me anymore. I'm going to start requesting reinforcements from my alliance if you don't stop attacking. Fair warning." or something like that. Be polite, and that will probably take care of the rest of them.

If there's anyone still raiding you at that point, post here again and we'll organize sending you reinforcements to deal with your raider.

Hope that helps. Any questions? Thoughts/corrections from other players?
-jemmons
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazark is being pounded.   Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:19 am

Sounds good to me, but Amanita's ticked me off in the past. I'm in favour of just making him/her delete Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazark is being pounded.   Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:28 am

Celebreth wrote:
Sounds good to me, but Amanita's ticked me off in the past. I'm in favour of just making him/her delete Razz

The thing to remember is, the more we spend on pounding villages to dust, the less we can spend improving the alliance as a whole. Ultimately, the best protection we can have is being members of a top alliance. If people look at UTF and see it's a top 50 gig, they're going to decide not to mess with us (and maybe even want to join us, which is a double-win!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazark is being pounded.   Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:41 pm

But if we get the rep for being easily farmed, that's not going to become a reality Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazark is being pounded.   Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:48 pm

Thanks a lot for the helpful tips! I didn't know about that market selling thing, so I'll be sure to get on that! My biggest problem is that I can't be on a whole ton to make sure all of my resources get spent, and one of those guys keeps attacking me at like 2-6am, when there's no way in heck I"m still going to be up Sad But at the least, I can get that market upgrading and more crannies getting built.

Got a couple of military questions though...I have yet to actually send out a raid...How do I find someone to attack? It's going to take a long time to scroll through the map section by section...is there a better way? Also, how do scouts work, exactly...I've made a few in the past, but they die before I can do anything with them. Do I send them on a normal attack, or or how do they just go and scout to see what the other guy has? So far I only have spearmen...Are they okay to raid with, or should I just spam a bunch of macemen as well to do some raiding?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazark is being pounded.   Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:32 pm

Mazarkus wrote:
and one of those guys keeps attacking me at like 2-6am, when there's no way in heck I"m still going to be up
before you go to bed, send your troops on a 4 hour trip, that way the will go out 4 hours and then turn around and come back 4 hours, giving you 8 hours of sleep, and still have your troops in the morning. And the cranny will take care of your resources.

Mazarkus wrote:
How do I find someone to attack?
There are several websites out there (Farm Search), I usually start with the people around me who are either smaller then me or have not grown for awhile (pop hasn't gone up) and then send them to those villages.

Mazarkus wrote:
Also, how do scouts work, exactly
When you go to send them out they will go to village and report back how many troops they have. If the village has no scouts, then they will not know they have been scouted, if they do have scouts, then they will know.

Mazarkus wrote:
So far I only have spearmen...Are they okay to raid with, or should I just spam a bunch of macemen as well to do some raiding?
It's okay to raid with them, but the carry very little and attack very weak, it is best to use them as defenders. Macemen are better at raiding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazark is being pounded.   Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:53 pm

When you say send them out on a trip that will take 4 hours one way...what kind of trip are we talking about? I couldn't find a way to send my guys to an empty square....it had to be reinforcement, normal, or raid, and if there isn't a city there, I can't get it to accept any of the options! And sending them to an abandoned valley makes them attack it and die Sad

Also, when sending scouts, what sort of movement option should you use? just "normal"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazark is being pounded.   Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:02 pm

Maz: for now, in your situation, just keep making spears and sending them as reinforcement to my cropper. It will keep them alive until you have enough to do stuff with them.

Scouts: don't send em on normal attacks; raid with them. It's best not to send them one at a time as well; pretty much if they have as many scouts in their city as you're scouting with, there's a good chance that all of your scouts'll die. Raiding you'll probably not lose all your scouts, but I recommend at least 10 scouts at once. Again, if you want to build them up, my cropper has plenty of space for you.

Does that help any? Smile
If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazark is being pounded.   Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:12 pm

That helps a lot, thanks! Is there any way that I can cancel barracks training instructions? I already cued up a bunch of macemen, but I can't find a way to cancel it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazark is being pounded.   Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:32 pm

did i miss somthing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazark is being pounded.   Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:21 pm

Mazarkus wrote:
When you say send them out on a trip that will take 4 hours one way...what kind of trip are we talking about?
you have to find a village 4 hours away that you can raid (that's like 3 7x7s away). Use the Fram Search to find one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazark is being pounded.   Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:52 pm

(Or just play it safe for now.....you don't have troops to waste)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazark is being pounded.   Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:44 pm

I've got another question...I thought you said you could hide resources away on the market by putting them out to sell for like double price so no one ever buys them....But the last two times I've been attacked, it has taken them off the market right at the time of attacking, bumping me right above my cranny limit...is that supposed to happen?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazark is being pounded.   Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:17 am

yah, I dont think that that works, when somebody attacks all of your offers you have up are canceled. It does help for holding more than your warehouses can hold though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazark is being pounded.   Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:21 am

right, that trick doesn't work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazark is being pounded.   Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:05 am

Yep........they probly fixed it because too many people were taking advantage Neutral

Maz, when you have 1-200 spears stored in my 15c, tell me and we can organize a defense that'll splat the people attacking you, alrighty? Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazark is being pounded.   Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:51 am

sounds good! I should have had more than 100 by now, but a couple of times I've sent my troops off before bed, only to find that they never actually left and get destroyed in the night...Maybe I didn't hit the final accept button or something, but I could have sworn I'd sent them off!

Regardless, should be over 100 at some point today! They're all level 3 now from my blacksmith...I don't know what kind of bonuses they get from that or what
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazark is being pounded.   Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:24 am

About 1% per upgrade
Maz, message me ingame when you're online and we can co-ordinate this so that Amarita'll just forget about you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazark is being pounded.   Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:23 am

Thanks everyone, for your help. I really appreciate it. (That's sarcasm)

http://travilog.org.ua/en/6338947/e37f8274ea545aacc03b8d56575ad001
http://travilog.org.ua/en/9150117/7b44cc272356447766c6a493aafc012a
http://travilog.org.ua/en/7936592/ea3c9c1f32baae874e63890f8f3cd870

This guy's getting attacked for no reason (there haven't been any significant resource losses in the past couple of days), gets catapults sent to him, and I'm the only one that offers to help. Really, I expected more from an alliance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mazark is being pounded.   

Back to top Go down

Mazark is being pounded.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Raids-
Jump to: